Client – South Dublin County Council
Contractor – Sisk
Architects – Reddy Architecture and Urbanism
Year of completion – 2018
Type of development – 69 houses
69 x 3 and 4 bedroom two storey homes with a density of 39 homes to the hectare. The scheme is located within 300m of the Luas tram line. All homes achieved an A2 BER rating (average 46kWh/m2/a) All homes achieved an air infiltration rate of less than 2m3/hr/m2@50Pa.
- Low heating costs due to careful design of form, insulation and junctions.
- Low costs associated with transport due to location
- Commissioned ventilation system provided to ensure good indoor air quality.
- Designed for thermal comfort by high performing windows.
- Excellent levels of natural lighting.
- Good levels of sound proofing from neighboring dwellings.
- Low carbon A2 rated homes.(average 46kWh/m2/a)
- All site construction waste was recorded
- Good location reduces carbon footprint for personal transport.