Client – Dublin City Council
Contractor – Dunwoody and Dobson
Architects – Dublin City Architects
Year of completion – 2016
Type of development – 9 Apartments
Key facts on the performance of the homes.
- Low heating costs due to careful design of form, insulation and junctions.
- Low costs associated with transport due to location
- Smart controls allow easier monitoring of energy use.
- Ventilation system provided to ensure good indoor air quality.
- Designed for thermal comfort by high performing components.
- Outstanding levels of natural lighting.
- Location enables active life styles.
- Good levels of sound proofing from neighboring dwellings.
- Excellent dense use of existing brownfield site helps preserve global habitats.
- Low carbon emissions from energy systems.
- Location enables very low carbon footprint from transport
- Permeable surfaces help reduce flood risk in the greater area.