- Client – Dun Laoighaire Rathdown Co Co
Contractor – John Sisk & Co
Architects – DLR, A3 architects & OMP architects
Year of completion – 2018
Type of development – 12 Homes
- Sales website – NA
12 two storey homes constructed close in the centre of Dun Laoghaire. This is the first scheme of housing to achieve silver certification.
- The homes have been designed to have very low heating bills and energy bills due to BER A1 rating.
- The occupants should have much lower transport costs as should not need to own a car due to proximity of all services, amenities, and acccess to multiple alternative transport options.
- The homes have a heat recovery ventilation system to ensure good indoor air quality at all times.
- The homes have been designed for excellent natural daylighting throughout.
- The homes have been designed to exceed minimum regulations for sound insulation.
- Very high performance windows ensure comfort in winter for occupants sitting in proximity.
- Homes achieved maximum score for walk ability enabling healthy life styles for occupants
- Re use of a brownfield site ensures that greenfield land is preserved for other uses such as wild life.
- Good densities means greater potential to improve local services and public transport.
- Homes have BER rating of A1 ensuring the lowest level of carbon emissions compared to typical Irish dwellings.
- Waste generation from construction site was carefully monitored with 95% diverted from landfill.
- The occupants should have very low carbon emissions from car transport due to excellent location and multiple transport options.