Key facts on the performance of the homes.
- The homes have been designed to have extremely low heating bills, meeting the Passive House standard.
- The homes are provided with energy efficient A rated white goods.
- The Homes are provided with electric car charging points
- The homes have a ventilation system to ensure good indoor air quality at all times.
- The homes have been designed for excellent natural daylighting throughout.
- The homes have been designed to exceed minimum regulations for sound insulation.
- Very high performance windows ensure comfort in winter for occupants sitting in proximity.
- Reasonable use of land means greater potential to improve local services and public transport. This also helps protect land for future housing, agriculture, nature and recreation.
- The development is designed to not contribute to flooding in the wider area.
- The homes are designed reduce water consumption compared to a typical dwelling by between 25-40% compared with typical Irish dwellings
- Homes have BER rating of A3 and A2 ensuring much lower carbon emissions than typical Irish dwellings.