Q. How do you register a project?
A. Projects can be registered by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Q. How does the certification process work?
A. The process is as follows:
- Development is registered prior to construction
- Assessment is completed by the designated assessor
- Assessment is submitted to the IGBC with all the evidence required for each criteria
- Assessment is reviewed for completeness and audited for compliance
- Further information is sought where missing
- On-site inspection may be carried out
- A recommendation is made to the IGBC audit committee for award of certification and a Certificate is issued once approved by the Audit Committee
Q. Does the assessor need to be a HPI Assessor?
A. Currently a project does not need to appoint a HPI Assessor from the list but the IGBC would recommend it.
Q. How do estimate monitor water consumption
A. Water consumption is estimated using the following the calculator at the following link
A capacity/flow rate should be inputted as default into the following tabs
Washing machine as 8.17 litres/kg dry load
Dishwasher as 1.25 litres/place setting
Q. In a multi-unit development where should the distance be calculated from?
A. For multi-home developments with a single site entrance the distance can be taken from the front door of the nearest home or main door to apartments.
For multi-home developments with multiple entrances the distance is taken from the front door of the nearest home or main door to apartments. The assessor can decide which entrance to the site to use and may use different entrances for different amenities.