Craddockstown – Naas
• Client – NDFA
• Contractor – Sisk
• Architects – JNP Architects
• Year of completion – 2020
• Type of development – 74 houses and apartments
Sisk Craddockstown PPP4
SISK and NDFA
74 Homes including 3 and 4 bedrooms terraced and semi-detached units and 1 and 2 bedroom apartment units with a density of 22 homes to the hectare. The scheme is located within 100m of the bus line and on the edge of Naas town. All homes achieved an A2 BER rating (average 42kWh/m2/a). All homes were designed to significantly reduce heat loss through thermal bridging at junctions.
• Low space heating costs due to careful design of form, insulation and junctions.
• Low water heating costs due to careful selection of low flow and low flush sanitary appliances.
• Reduced electrical costs due to Solar PV install
• Commissioned ventilation system provided to ensure good indoor air quality.
• Excellent levels of natural lighting.
• Excellent levels of sound proofing from neighbouring dwellings.
• Low carbon A2 rated homes.(average 42kWh/m2/a)
• Main site supervisor has carried out NZEB training
• Renewable energy produced on-site with the solar PV reducing the load on the national grid.