Kilbride Court – Wicklow
Client – Wicklow County Council
Architects – Coady Architects
Year of Completion – 2021
Type of development – 40 houses and apartments
Kilbride Court, Bray
Wicklow County Council
40 homes including a mix of apartments and terraced houses to a density of 51 units to the hectare. The scheme is located beside a bus line and within walking distance of Bray town centre.
All homes achieved an A2 BER rating with excellent detailing to reduce thermal bridging and improve airtightness. The site is completely fossil fuel free through the use of heat pumps. Embodied carbon calculations were carried out to measure and assess the carbon impacts of material choices.
- Low heating costs due to careful design of form, insulation, airtightness and junctions.
- Low costs associated with transport due to location
- Post Occupancy Evaluation feedback to be provided after 12 months of occupancy to identify further operational cost reduction opportunities
- Commissioned ventilation system provided to ensure good indoor air quality.
- Excellent levels of natural lighting.
- Excellent levels of sound proofing from neighbouring dwellings.
- Good location facilitates and encourages walking and cycling improving health.
- Innovative planting providing harvesting opportunities for occupants.
- Embodied carbon calculations were carried out were below the benchmark of 500kg CO2 / m2
- Low carbon A2 rated homes with very low operational carbon
- All site construction waste was recorded
- Good location reduces carbon footprint for personal transport.
- Over 50 products chosen with EPD documentation.